Monday, March 17, 2008

Family

My family is big and only getting bigger.  There is my mom and dad and I have three siblings.  My oldest sister is 24 and has a six year old son; she is getting married this summer in July; she lives with her soon to be husband and son in Geneva.  Then my other sister is 22 and soon to 23 and is going to have her first child within the next few weeks; she lives with her husband in Rochester.  My brother lives here in Mankato and is majoring in economics.  My parents live in Ellendale and don't do that much other than work and relax.  This last February they went to Hawaii for two weeks to celebrate their 25th anniversary.  Over spring break I worked and that was about it.  Most of my family is doing well and we are getting together for Easter.  This Easter could be very different from any other for us because there is two possible things happening.  My sister wants to have her baby on Easter day because that is her husband's birthday and she was born on my dad's birthday so she thinks that it would be neat to have a girl on her husbands birthday.  The other different event wouldn't be a birthday because that has happened before but instead there might be a funeral.  My aunt isn't doing well, she doesn't have enough of a lung capacity to breath well anymore.  She went into the hospital this weekend and is now in urgent care.  I hope for the best, but it isn't sounding good.  So overall my spring break hasn't been the greatest:  I worked lots, help with my sister's wedding, helped with my other sister's baby shower, and my aunt isn't well.

I don't think it will be hard to top spring break next year though.

No comments: