Wednesday, January 16, 2008

favorite place

My favorite place that I have ever been to is Washington D.C., unlike my brother. He doesn't like it because of the high crime rate. When I went there was about forty of us, because my high school offered us the trip. We were only there for three days and I would have liked to stay longer. At the time we were there it was in March with a temperature in the sixties and the Cherry Blossom trees were in full bloom. We visited many memorials and museums. My favorite site there is the Holocaust Museum, because the information and videos they have in there are very interesting. At the beginning of the museum you are given a card of an actual Holocaust person and you can see what they had to go through and experience in there life. What I like the most about the city is all the marble and the structures of the building plus, to me, it didn't seem like I was in a city by the height policy for the buildings to only be as high as sixteen floors, I believe it was sixteen. Being there with so many people and my friends made it a lot of fun. There are some really funny moments that happened that I won't forget. I like the city is beautiful and would love to go there again.

No comments: